Friday, October 17, 2014

Thursday surgery

This will be quick. Today was surgery day and we had 25 patients on the slate. 23 cataracts and 2 squamous cell carcinoma excisions. Jono was worried it would be a "late night" (after 6pm finish), so he decided to order Futi's chicken (like KFC) for the staff for lunch. It was a special treat. Futi's is really the only restaurant in town, so we never order "takeout".

I wanted to speed things up, so I did the squamous cell excisions and then I came up with a system to have all Jono's patient's blocked, prepped, and draped so he could move faster. I also did two small incision cataract surgeries... my very first complete, start to finish, no help required extra-cap! It was exciting and Jono was very proud.

We ended up finishing by 4pm. Jono and I made a great team today!

No comments:

Post a Comment