Sunday, October 5, 2014

Saturday Shopping

I got up early on Saturday after hearing a bunch of children playing outside (20 children outside my apartment was quite noisy!) I went outside and all of the farmworkers' children had gathered to play. I ran inside, got the bag of tops that were donated by woodcarvers in Oklahoma, and handed them out. They were so happy! We played with tops, and then we danced to some American music. It was a riot!

Some of the children playing with their new toys
 
Jumping for joy!

Later in the day I went shopping. Karen, the lady from Canada who is staying at Mabuda Farm, had desperately wanted to buy some of the Baobab Batik, which is handmade in Swaziland. I knew there was a store near the Malkerns (1.5 hour drive), and offered to take her and her friend shopping on Saturday.

We had an absolute blast and most of us got our Christmas shopping finished!

 
Batik


 
Another Swazi made product: Rosecraft. These beautiful blankets are hand woven! The images on the wall are of the women weaving the blankets.




Sugarcane fields on the drive home
 

No comments:

Post a Comment