Friday, May 8, 2015

A fun Friday night!

Hannah, Cassie, and me at the gate to Huaxi University.

I had expressed interest in seeing a local university campus, so my friends (Tom and his wife Hannah and Cassie and her boyfriend Steven) took me to Huaxi University here in Chengdu. The campus is in the "old Chinese style", which was neat!

We then went and had Pizza Hut. It was quite comical because we walked to the first Pizza Hut, and it was in complete disrepair and closed. So we walked to a second Pizza Hut, and this one had a sign outside that said "Coming soon!". I suggested  we just eat Chinese food, but they were persistent. So we walked to a third Pizza Hut and it was open... hooray! We had a great dinner and then walked around the center of the city "Chunxi Road", which is the shopping/restaurant district of Chengdu.

A very afternoon/evening with fun friends!

A building on the Huaxi University campus.

My comrades

The university library.

A bird sitting in the lotus pond. All of the green plants are lotus. The lotus root is a common food here (and I love it!)

I had them take my photo at the West China School of Medicine.

A tree outside the largest hospital in Chengdu. These "prayer ribbons" have been tied to the tree by Tibetans in prayer that that a friend/family member recover from illness.

Pizza Hut!

Chunxi Road at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment